Set to take over Hereford City once again, the River Carnival is back for a fourth year running. With so much to do over the weekend, make sure you check out how the organisers will be bringing the Mappa Mundi to life on the Friday night.
"For the past three years, a bunch of almost bonkers and largely unfunded volunteers has put on The Hereford River Carnival and drawn crowds of up to 15,000 people to our free to enter event.
This year promises to be even bigger and better:-
- We already have around 20 organizations promising to put floats and boats on the water,
- Street Carnival through high town – channel your inner Mythical Beast – Mermaid or Minotaur
- Noztock are bringing their music to Castle Green,
- Music Pool Tent on Bishops’ Meadow
- Underground Revolution Stage at The Left Bank
- Foodie Village,
- Mass synchronized paper airplane fly-past,
- Fun Dog Show
- Maypole Dancing
- Strictly Hereford Dance Tent
- Circus Skills, face painting, and drumming workshops
- Sports area with taster sessions for all kinds of activities,
- Wild swim,
- Rotary Club – Duck Race
- Friday night Spectacular – all new performance that will see The Mythical Beasts on The Mappa Mundi set free from the Cathedral over Hereford’s Old Bridge and onto Bishop’s Meadow for music, food, drink and a fire garden while a torch lit flotilla of mythical beasts processes down the Wye."
For more info, check it out here
- 28th - 29th April, 2017
- Ticket Price
- Castle green, St. Owen's Street, High Town, Broad Street, King street, Old Wye Bridge to the Bishops Meadow Get Directions, by car, or by public transport